What is it about the simple of act of a road trip that makes me feel like I am free?
The open road, loud music, wind in my face and hair, sunglasses on..
...all of these contribute to a feeling of letting go
a literal sense of driving away and shedding the past;
remembering what is important in my life and what really matters;
feeding my wild child soul with the element of the unknown;
a sense of peace and contentment, as I allow myself to be present, and not worry about what will happen next ...
I consider myself blessed to be able to hit the open road (figuratively and literally) whenever I want to.
Keep the rubber side down. ; )
1 comment:
Posted Mar 2, 2005 to my blog. The last line only makes sense if you've read another posting. Sorry....I'm still considering opening it up to you. Some of it is very very personal. While I trust you....I still am not sure if I want to share yet. Hope you understand.
Down the Road
Head out for a long drive. Don't point to anywhere in particular. Explore the country-side.
What's that over there? Don't know. Stop and see. Slow down and see. There's all kinds of things to see if you slow down.
Looping through a corner of your own world can be interesting. Seeing things in different ways. Driving a direction on a road you've always taken the other way can lead to new discoveries.
I recently cruised where I had never been before, at least not in the winter. It's possible I'd been down that road in some other season, but in the snow, it all looked new. And it looked good.
There's something a bit thoughtful in driving the country-side alone. It gives you time to think. It gives you time to consider what's around you. And you can sing along with your music as loudly and as badly as you want. But at the end of your drive, you always should end up where you need to be.
Driving trips can be good. You might even see an old windmill.
Post a Comment