Monday, January 16, 2006

Laughter

I spent some time with my sisters this weekend. We got on the subject of people's perceptions of others and how they often differ from a person's own sense of self. One of my sisters mentioned that people see her as being very serious, cool, professional. And that she doesn't see herself that way at all. We reflected on that for a minute, and then she turned to me. "You aren't like that. You laugh all the time." I laughed (naturally) and said, "Yes, I do. I love to laugh."

She asked me what it was that I found funny. As if there was something she was missing out on. Some formula or logic to it. I just shrugged and said "I laugh at everything. Life makes me laugh."

And it does. I can't tell you why I laugh. I just do. I think it's all there for the taking, sometimes you just need to let go. Find your inner silly switch, pretend you are 5 years old and happy, and marvel at all the joy there is in life. I definitely have a silly switch, and I like it when it's turned ON! ; )

No comments: