Sunday, April 16, 2006

Horoscope Questions

I read my Free Will Horoscope for this week. It asked a whole interesting whack of questions, which I felt inspired to answer.

Aries
When I was a kid, I read Highlights magazine. My favorite feature was the section that asked Zen-like questions like "Can you laugh and cry at the same time?" or "If you were a talking parrot, what words would you want to learn?" For this week's horoscope, I've borrowed the spirit of that old source of inspiration. May the following passage incite your raw wonder and feral innocence. What's more beautiful, the smell of an orange or the sight of a green hill in spring? Under what circumstances might you eat dessert before the main course? Have you ever seen a statue wink? Is it possible to fall up instead of down? Describe how you'd catch a dragonfly without hurting it. Tell a story that's half-true and half-lies. Can you grow brain cells just by thinking you want to?

What's more beautiful, the smell of an orange or the sight of a green hill in spring?
LL: For me, the sight of a green hill triggers feelings of renewal. Of playfulness. Of natural sanctuaries. Of peace.

Under what circumstances might you eat dessert before the main course?
LL: All circumstances! Life is way too short! : )

Have you ever seen a statue wink?
LL: I can't honestly say that I haven't. But I'll be sure to keep my eyes open in case it happens.

Is it possible to fall up instead of down?
LL: Maybe where there is no gravity. Actually, that word made me smile - "grave-ity" sounds so serious. So my second answer would be "Yes! Wherever you play, whenever you laugh, it's possible!"

Describe how you'd catch a dragonfly without hurting it.
LL: I'd likely write a poem about it. Capture it for a moment in time with my words.

Can you grow brain cells just by thinking you want to?
LL: Where there is a will, there is a way. And magic helps too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fun! I would *love* to see a statue wink - as long as it's a fun wink, and not a creepy one. ;)

ps - I'm totally with you on the dessert thing.

Anonymous said...

I was sitting on a hill, in May, just before dinner time. I was having a slice of apple pie to make myself feel better, because as I ran up the hill, I fell. I held out my hand, sticky with apple pie, and a dragon fly landed on it. David winked at me. He got the joke. But I think I'll think on it some more.