I wrote this a few days ago.
We all experience sadness in our lives, for various reasons. When I felt this way, I realized that I wanted to take a few minutes to experience how I was feeling. To listen to myself. To see what my bodymind was experiencing as I acknowledged my sadness. It felt therapeutic to put everything into words - and I find that I use words as my outlet. The mechanism of finding a sentence, a passage, a single combination of letters to describe my feelings, paint the portrait in my mind of how my body feels and how my soul wants - leaves me feeling very soothed and comforted.
"Why does my sadness have a taste?
Like a thirst
That only physical contact can quench.
I feel hoarse from screaming
Inside my heart.
The hunger pangs in my belly
Are echoed by a deep yearning
That feels as if it will only be abated
With a simple touch. A kiss. A hug.
An acknowledgement.
This hunger hurts me.
And the lingering sensation of salty tears on my lips
Makes me only crave more."
- lml
1 comment:
I like these lines:
....
I feel hoarse from screaming
Inside my heart.
....
An acknowledgement.
Post a Comment