Friday, March 16, 2007

Super Heroes to the Rescue

I thought I'd sit down this morning to try a new concept out - to sit and write and see what comes out of a stream of conscious. I got the idea from Morning pages, which comes from the book, The Artist's Way. I neither have the book, nor do I see myself as an artist.

I am, however, trying to cultivate my creativity. It seems to have gone to sleep for a little bit after I moved here; as I discover this new area, a new home, new area of town, explore some new possibilities at work. That's a lot of "new".

Perhaps my creativity becomes stronger when I feel like I am in a rut, when the world around me feels stale, subdued, faded. Like a fresh coat of paint on a rough and worn surface, bringing a sense of opportunity and spark, I harness that creative outlet like a super heroes donning their cape and Lycra clothes.

Out of a necessity and need to keep me balanced, fresh, hopeful, optimistic.

No comments: