Saturday, June 09, 2007

pumped up

The sun is shining on this Saturday morning...

I'm nibbling a Kettleman's bagel smothered with margarine, sipping on a freshly brewed Brazilian Bridgehead dark roast coffee. I've cranked a new Fall Out Boy tune ("Sugar, We're Goin Down Swinging...").

The past week was intense. I put in lots of hours (lots of hours for ME... my hat goes off to people who work these hours regularly!) and felt very involved, motivated, engaged, and focused. It was a powerful place to be! To be so present, so there, and experiencing such fun and adrenalin... feelings I haven't had for awhile at work.

New song... "Open your Eyes - Snow Patrol"...

What was different? I am doing more. Added a few new responsibilities on my plate. Items that got me talking to different people and give me a chance to look outside the immediate team that I work on. And I spent some time interacting with different people within the company asking them about what they do, being actively open to seeing if there are opportunities for change where they are. Being open, I guess.

And feeling some very positive rewards coming from movement.

Outside of work, I have a lovely event this afternoon that I am excited about. With some fellow volunteers, we are presenting to a group of Sparks, girls the ages of 5-8, what to do if they get lost in the woods. It's the Hug a Tree program, originally developed by the RCMP, which Search and Rescue Global 1 now teaches as part of our volunteer organization.

... My Chemical Romance now with "I Don't Love You"...

I operate really well when I am on such a rush. I feel empowered and efficient. I feel good, in the deep trenches of my soul. I feel very positive and I feel the possibilities. It's astonishing how much I learn about what I am capable of when I feel this intensity and adrenalin.

No comments: