Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Gulper

My father is a firm believer in the adage "everything in moderation". He lives an exemplary life of doing a little bit of everything. He starts his day off with a glass of water, a piece of fruit, a little sweet, and a cup of strong, dark coffee. Not too much. Not too little. He is at peace with living simply and living conventionally.

I, on the other hand, am an excessive person. I drink heartily, I laugh boisterously, I play frequently. I love without reservation. I eat too often and too much. I watch too many movies. I love sleeping in. I love staying up all night. I relish chugging contests. I get hyper and goofy when I am around a lot of people. I am loud. I talk with wild hand gestures. I can spend a week on the couch and then go out for a 5 hour bike ride. I buy clothes impulsively and then give them away when they don't fit me. I enjoy being up for anything - and usually am.

In other words, I take great big gulps of life which sometimes leave me intoxicated, overstimulated, depleted, dangerous, and dizzy. Oh how I enjoy that!

1 comment:

jag said...

What a great post! Part of me wishes I had more gulp sometimes, and yet I know that I can be perfectly content to sip. :-)

Inspired by your post, I created this for you - hope you like it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jagspace/2924917961/in/set-72157607328527864/