Thursday, June 02, 2005

Night Driving and Life

Here's a metaphor for life....

When we drive at night we can only see twenty feet in front of us, yet we make it home anyway.

Why not approach life the same way? Don't jump to conclusions about your final destination, just make the most of the twenty feet in front of you.

And see where it takes you... : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you see more than 20 feet!

I get your point. It's a good one.

But, should we sometimes look farther or at least imagine what lies ahead in the darkness?

Just a thought.

lala said...

I think it can't hurt to have a general idea of where you'd like to go (whether imagined or real). But I think the key is to keep yourself open to new things. And not be stuck expecting certain things to happen. Because then we become attached to those things, they become enmeshed with our identity and our view of ourselves, we expect them to happen, and are very disappointed when/if they don't.