Sunday, April 23, 2006

insomnia?

Uh, oh....

I think I jinxed myself. I was feeling rather pleased with myself that I have this gorgeous gift (I *do* know it's a gift) to sleep well at night. To sleep anywhere, actually.

I had a very jam packed Thursday to Sunday - which involved a lot of travel, some emotional heaviness, and a heck of a lot of fun. As I drove back from Montreal, I was thinking about how sleepy I was, how much I was looking forward to crawling into my bed and having that gorgeous last big deep inhalation before I let all the days go, before I sank into a sweet, blissful state.

I got home, ran a few errands, did a couple of loads of laundry, put all my clothes away (like a good girl), got caught up on work email, wrote a couple of letters to friends and family members, got some new tunes, made a few CDs, opened up mail, made a few phone calls, and actually snuggled up in bed with a book for an hour...

... and it's now midnight, and I am not in the least bit tired! I don't feel stressed... I have no worries on my mind. My body feels sleepy. But I've got this buzz going.... my mind feels a little like it's winding UP for something. Huh.

I really really hope I didn't jinx myself.
I'm thinking I'll just hop back into bed, curl up with my book, and crash hard.
Here's to hoping! : )

(How's this for a blog post about absolutely nothing!? Not bad, eh?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a good post.