I had some wacky dreams last night. Two dreams that seemed to take the whole night to tell the stories.
First one:
I was working part time at Laura Secord, at a store inside Cognos, and it was my first day. The person who was going to help me close was sick, and I told her to go home and rest. I asked another staff person all sorts of questions - how much was my float, where was the safe, how much do we charge for chocolate, where are all the gloves/tissue paper to take chocolate out of the displays, etc.
She was very nonchalant about everything and didn't give me any information, so I started looking for documentation to help me. I remember trying hard to read an email that outlined procedures/steps. I couldn't quite get what I needed, and right about then, a Cognoid came in and asked for a chocolate. When I charged him for it, he told me that he got it for free, he was a regular. I told him that it was my first day on the job and that I didn't feel comfortable giving away freebies. I told him he could have it, but that I would pay for it myself. He just shrugged and walked out with the truffle, and I remember counting out $1.14 from my purse.
My other dream was a total romantic love story:
There was the bum who lived on the streets and who fell in love with a woman who used to pass him by. One day he gave her a gift and it made her very uncomfortable. She treated him poorly, and he was so distraught, that he decided he had to leave the city.
A few days later, she opened the gift and saw that it was a hand-sewn wedding dress. It was absolutely stunning, and when she brought it to a famous dressmaker, the woman thought it was worth a fortune. The stitching was impeccable, and it was very glamorous. It was a ancient Greek style sheath dress, that had a wide silver stitched band right under the breasts, and was made of white and had piece that came up around the neck, like a halter. The dressmaker puzzled over how to put the dress on the woman, and the woman found a band of silver, and strung it through the top of the dress, and hung it around her neck. It fit perfectly.
The woman was so blown away by the gift, and she realized that the man had more substance than what she had previous thought, so she went out to find him.
She went to these used clothing stores that were near where she had met the man, and they were filled with hand sewn shirts and articles of clothing. The salesperson knew the man she was talking about, and told her that he regularly brought clothes in that he had made to be sold.
She searched everywhere in the city for him, and when she found him, he had dismantled the little shack he was living in, had given away all his clothing and belongings, all except for two suitcases, and he was leaving.
She rushed to him, hugged him, felt something so powerful and electric between them, but he just stroked her face, smiled, and wished her well. And left.
How's that for drama?
No comments:
Post a Comment