Sunday, August 19, 2007

Welcome back to me.... now get to work!

It's been a few weeks now since I returned from Thailand. It was such a good vacation; such a good break. A completely new world of people and sights and sounds and smells to explore. A really lovely way to escape for what felt like a really short time.

I was *not* ready to return to Ottawa. I was not ready to be greeted with the sounds of crickets chirping on a incredibly sleepy Saturday night, after being immersed in such activity and energy and people, and all the hubbub that comes along with that. I definitely wasn't ready to head back to work - and to the new, and quite challenging responsibilities that are now on my plate.

I have to say, though, that these changes at work are awesome. WRITING after nearly 4 years off, learning new products, and transitioning to a brand new team, complete with all the quirks and delights that come with getting to know new people. I feel like I've jumped into a refreshingly cold lake - I'm full of goosebumps; my heart is pounding; and there are times when I feel like I can't breathe. But damn! it feels good! : )

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. " I think I'm sprouting a new limb or two. ; )

No comments: