I have to get this down because a) I'll never make anything like this in my lifetime and b) they gave me a printout of the tasting menu to keep!
I indulged in this meal at Beckta in Ottawa. Treat yourself one of these days - it is worth it!
Amuse
~ ~
Watermelon
Frozen Watermelon Sashimi, Grilled Asparagus,
Goats' Cheese, Sweet Lemon & Cucumber Sorbet
Riesling "Off Dry" Cattail Creek, VQA Niagara 2006
~ ~
Hierloom Beet
Crisp Pear Chips, Roasted Fennel, Spinach
Ermite Blue Fondue and Pear Cider Vinagrette
Sauvignon Blanc "Triomphe" Southbrook, VQA Niagara 2007
~ ~
Gnocchi
Fingerling Potatoes, Green Beans, Chanterelles,
Swiss Chard and Parsley Pesto
Gamay Noir "Estate" 13th Street, VQA Four Mile Creek 2006
~ ~
Intermezzo
Orange-Sesame-Sake Sorbet
~ ~
Spring Vegetable Tian
Pearl Barley, Fresh Spring Vegetables and
Mushrooms in a Tarragon Tea with Young Peas
Cabernet Sauvignon, Lyeth, Sonoma County, California 2006
~ ~
Cherry
Roasted Cherry Financier, Red Wine Soaked Cherries,
Buttermilk Sorbet, Toasted Almond
"Fine Old Tokay", Buller, Rutherglen, Australia N.V.
~ ~
Petit Fours
2 comments:
OMG...I LOOOOOOVE Bekta!
Just read recently that he (Stephen Beckta) is opening a second restaurant in Ottawa, in the Market across from the American embassy.
http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/omnivore/archive/2008/07/18/beckta-reveals-new-location.aspx
Reading the above it seems the tasting menu is everyone's fave... looking at your menu, its easy to see why...
Post a Comment