Wednesday, November 19, 2008

random thoughts from the first few days

  • Internet access restrictions stink. Big time.
  • Bring more snack foods to work...I get hungry at 2pm and there is no food.
  • Free green tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Yum!
  • I wish I could just plug in and learn like Neo did in the Matrix.
  • Trying to figure out ways to stay on top of the latest Web and e-Marketing news via Outlook. *sigh*
  • It takes so long to ramp up - I want to contribute, now!
  • Everything is new.
  • It is a very quiet office. So quiet that you can hear me chewing gum. And it echoes.
  • Welcoming the newbie with Police "Do Not Cross" tape and the outline of a body scares the heck out of a lot of people but it made me howl. Awesome!
  • Physicians are a unique breed - smart, demanding, with really short attention spans.
  • Yay for Twitter!! (They probably just don't know about it.. but it's my lifeline right now.)
  • I miss all the familiar faces that come from being in a place for so long.
  • I really need to start walking to work. The 4 minute drive on the 417 seems just wasteful. Plus, I'd get in shape finally.

No comments: