Sunday, November 30, 2008

new words

I wrote this awhile ago. It's a bit of a departure for me - the statements are fleshed out more. It feels more like a story and less like a poem, in some respects. I like experimenting with new words, new feelings, and how to write about what it feels like to be connected with someone physically, and emotionally.

I lay in the darkness
the world made blacker still
by the thoughts swirling around my head.

And I listened to that drone of voices,
repetitious and persistent,
drowning out my sanity.

My heart aching,
compressed by an unknown sorrow
clenched tightly in the vise grip of pain.

Brushing aside the curls that lay
nestled on the nape of my neck
You leaned in with your lips.

I felt the heat of your skin;
your warmth embrace me
as your limbs found their home.

The pressure of your touch,
your arm pulling me deeper into your soul.
And I lay, amazed, at how the world disappears.

No comments: