Wednesday, January 14, 2009

hibernation

It's a cold, cold day in Ottawa. And it's supposed to be even colder still, tomorrow.

I am connecting with my inner bear tonight and I'm going to hibernate.
I have a good book that I want to devour.
I'll light some candles (oh how I wish I had a fireplace!).
I'll snuggle into a pair of longjohn pjs, sans the bum flap.
I'll sip on some wine.
I'll listen to tunes.
I'll think about people I love.
and maybe I'll draw.

A night of connecting with myself, refilling my jug, and sending happy and positive vibes into the universe by recharging and relaxing.

be well.

Update: as I made my way home and felt the stinging cold that left me coughing, and I listened to the news about Nortel going bankrupt and the fighting in Gaza, I thought about how amazingly lucky I am in my life. Lucky to have a warm place for the night. To have clothes that keep me protected. To have peace in my world. To feel loved. To have a job. To have the awareness that I am incredibly grateful and humbled by my lucky life.

No comments: