Friday, July 24, 2009

camp SARK

I signed up for an e-camp with SARK - the quirky, inspirational, creative soul who seems to pop into my world at just the most perfect times.

Camp is 30 days of thought-provoking emails to get your juices flowing. To dig deep into your world of words and see what comes to the surface. I thought it would be fun to play a little, before school starts. Something to challenge and excite me.

Today was Day 1:
1. Create a list of gorgeous moments
2. Write about one item on that list more deeply
3. Create another list of gorgeous moments, centering around nature and the outdoors
4. Write a poem from the contents of the list

gorgeous moments,
list #2:
- Sunshine on my face
- Wind whipping around my hair
- The smell of the ocean
- The roar of waves crashing on the shore
- The sound of birds in the early mornings
- The deafening vibration of frogs in the summer
- The crackling sound of an orange hot fire; flames licking the wood
- Fresh rain on the grass
- Watching animals just be
- Lilac bushes in the spring
- Hiking to the top of a mountain – my heart pounding with exertion and altitude, the blood coursing through my body, tingling my fingers, and the breathtaking feeling of being able to fall off the world


The world outside
I crested the top of the mountain
Feeling the sunshine on my face.
The wind whipped around my hair
And I could smell the ocean.
Like the salt of your skin when I pulled you close.

I stood still – my heart pounding with exertion and altitude –
and I could feel the blood coursing through my body.
My fingers tingled, in time with the roar of waves crashing on the shore.

I knew that I would be here, watching you;
Hearing the crackling sound of an orange hot fire as the flames licked the wood.
Like I’d lick my lips after our kiss.

And the sweat between us; as fragrant as fresh rain on the grass
Would quench my thirst. Until the next time.
The next breathtaking feeling of being able to fall off the world.


-lml, July 24

No comments: