It's been almost a week that I've been dealing with a painful lower back. It's not excruciating, it's just very seized... and I don't know why. I haven't done anything unusual or out of the ordinary. I felt great leading up to it - my energy level was awesome - I was doing yoga, weights, and running. And felt very strong.
I am feeling pretty frustrated by all of this. Frustrated that I am achy after going for a walk. That my usual coping mechanism (exercise) is not available to me. Frustrated that my general feeling of wellness is not present and that I am battling with weakness and achiness. Blech!
This has been good for me on a couple of levels. (Here goes my attempt at finding the silver lining.) This whole thing illustrates how much I take my body (and it's strength and fitness) for granted. It's showing me that I need to take better care of myself, and be gentle. That's hard one for me. I just want to go, go, go... "why walk when you can run" kind of philosophy. : )
I also realize that I am quite impatient. *sigh* I want to be better now.
I figure I can just will myself to feel better. D'ya think it will work?
No comments:
Post a Comment