Jennie-girl mentioned something to me yesterday, something she observed in me last night, as "the gang" got together for an outing of beer and pool and good laughs.
She wondered if my feelings of not fitting in, of feeling isolated and insecure, and wanting so badly for people to like me, stemmed from a need for me to have some space to reclaim my energy. To recharge. I always felt that I got energy from people, and I think I do. But in times of emotional fatigue, when my neediness and desire for validation rises to the surface, when I am being pulled in many directions, perhaps I do need to reclaim my space? Take some time for me. Slow down and breathe.
I feel astonished that even when things are so good in my life, when I feel that my life is full and rich, when I am aware of how amazing my friends are, and how lucky that I have such open, honest, strong connections, when I feel happy and content, I can still, in a heartbeat, get lost. Become an island floating in a sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment