this is my very first song. I'm hoping I can collaborate with jennie and put it to music. i wrote it last night, staring out at the water, with jack sleeping in the car next to me.
"first"
i don't want to be understood,
i want to understand.
i am deaf to the life around me
until i listen to my soul.
the numbness eases when i wake up.
i feel my heart beating when i catch my breath.
there's a fog blurring the raw light and energy,
i see it when i look at myself.
i can't embrace what it means to be free,
until i let go of what was and what may never be.
the numbness eases when i wake up.
i feel my heart beating when i catch my breath.
running towards my life only happens when i stand still.
open yourself up to the possibility.
to the chance to be.
to life.
the numbness eases when i wake up.
i feel my heart beating when i catch my breath.
3 comments:
I like this line:
"running towards my life
only happens when i stand still"
There is a song in that line.
I like the rest too, but I think that's the heart of the song. But maybe that line doesn't fit with what you're trying to say. To me it says that things happen when I'm at peace....if you take peace and still as synonyms. Ah, but what do I know?
no, i think you got it! most of what i was trying to say is that we need to let go of shit, and it's only then can we see what's really there.
i appreciate your feedback. it's the first time i've thought about something like writing a song. and it felt different. : )
i agree with CB - that line says a lot.
M :)
Post a Comment