Jennie and I got the news today.. the house we like is ours for the taking! Yeeehaw! : )
And so begins a big move for me. First time I've lived with someone, other than an intimate partner, for a period of time longer than 6 months. (For some reason, I consider my time with Sue to be a time when I needed to heal. When I needed a friend and a place to call home, which wasn't entirely my place, yet which was a space that I considered welcoming and warm.) This decision feels different. We are both going into this with eyes wide open, and with a great sense of "What the heck!?! This is going to be fun!"
And I think it will be.
The happy list includes:
* living with a beautiful friend, with whom I feel comfortable being honest and open
* a new gorgeous house
* not too far from work
* lots of sunlight, and open space
* places for me to be me
* places for both of us to connect, if we choose to
* a big tub for Jennie to soak in, and for her to teach me about the joys of lots of suds, a glass of wine, some candles, and a good book. (YEAH right, me in a tub! ; )
* a not-so-cheap-but-considering-the-rent-pretty-fucking-reasonable cab fare to downtown. ; )
* party central
* close to the grocery store
* 9 clicks from work (I can bike OR run)
* did I mention that I'll be saving $$$$$
* Jennie's a good cook (I'm going to get fat, I know it! ; )
* a deck for sunbathing!
and many more things that I'll get to discover and experience over the next little while. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment