Thursday, January 05, 2006

Unspoken

There are times when I can't speak about things, but the words still want to come out. I can't look at someone in the eyes, but everything in my heart is there.

If I could, I'd tell you all this. And maybe you can feel it when I hug you. I hope I find my voice soon, because you need to know this.

unspoken

what happened to your spirit?
where is your soul?
i find you alone and trapped in your darkness
can you see my light?
can you see my outstretched hand?

I am here, I am not much to look at, but I am here.
I can be a friend and a guide.
I can show you about love, about how to find your smile.
Where did your smile go?

your body is cold, there is warmth in my arms.
my hands can be gentle
you need to be touched so carefully
your wounded heart is beating so softly

I don't know how to reach you
where is the girl i met a few years ago?
with laughter in her eyes
and a lightness about her?

painted black, you find comfort in the dark.
the anger speaks to you and comforts you
there are colors in the world
i want to help you fill your shadows with color
draw outside the lines

--lml jan 5/06

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow