I had a moment this afternoon when I left work and I knew that no one knew where I was. No one knew where I was going, what I was doing. No one needed to check in on me. I had no obligations, no expectations. I didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time. I didn't tell someone I'd do something for them. I was totally on my own. And I realized that I *love* that feeling. I grinned like an idiot when I drove out of the parking garage. It was like a secret indulgence, totally guilt free and gorgeous. I turned my phone off. I bought myself a treat. I cranked up the tunes and sang at the top of my lungs.
I felt like I was free - to go anywhere, to do anything that I wanted, and to be ME.
No comments:
Post a Comment