Thursday, March 02, 2006

Meh

I got my first flame last night. A (not so) anonymous person emailed me to say that s/he was bored of reading the same blog entry and wanted something new. S/he said to use "F$ck You" as a starting point. That it might spark some creative juices on my end, and help me write something.

Huh.

I don't do well with harassment. I am not someone who would ever sign up for the military. I kind of short circuit when I am forced to do something.

But... I am an Aries and I do like a challenge. ; )

Well, here I am, staring stupefied at a computer screen, blinking sleepily, wishing I had a steaming cup of strong, dark, black Sumatra in my hands.

"Alright let's think of something funny to post. A funny story. An anecdote from work."

"I'm too tired... I'm just not very funny at 6 am. I'd rather just crawl back into my warm bed."

"I'm not going to let go of this. We've been challenged. Can we write under pressure? Inquiring minds want to know."

"Bed. Sleep. Just call in sick and take the next two days off. You know you waaaant it!"

"Ha! Nice try. There is way too much going on. I have piles of work to do, and I'm booked solid with meetings for the next two days. Even if I had the time to take off, I couldn't. Plus, I want to file my taxes, clean up my room, water my plants..."

"You are too uptight! God, it's true! You are like Monica from friends. Life is meant to just be. Chillax a little. Spend some time with you. Pick up a good book, curl up by the fire, spoil yourself."

"Oh, shit, that's right. My book club! I need to get started on the book we selected. A Complicated Kindness. I'll have to go and buy it today."

"That's what weekends are for. I think you just need to pick one thing to do tonight, and leave the rest. You are cluttering up your mind."

"If I don't do these things, they won't get done. And it's not as if you are going to help me out. Just look at you, kicking back in your PJs, and playing on the computer. We have to get moving."

"I want coffee."

"We don't have coffee in the house. That's another thing I've got to get on the way home from work. Hm, we'll have to stop before we head to Oxford Station. Why don't they open a Bridgehead in Barrhaven, it would be so much more convenient?"

"Bed?"

"Nope, it's time to hit the showers, you lazy ass!"

... and look at that, here it is. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well done! :)