Do you ever have those moments where you feel as if your body is dutifully going about the tasks that make up a regular, ordinary, comfortable existence?
And your soul is just screaming to be let out to play.
All these signposts are around you...
...Your friend posts a quotation on her blog the other day: I am bigger than the life I lead.
And "yes!" your soul cries "I really am. Let me show you!"
...A colleague sends you a web site link for a pair of shoes called the Five Fingers. Plastered on the page is the glorification of freedom of another kind:
barefooting (bare•foot•n) n. 1. The exhilarating joy of going barefoot without leaving yourself exposed; 2. any activity requiring unconventional footwear offering the protection of a thin, flexible Vibram skin; 3. an intelligent way to deepen your connection with your natural surroundings.
And your heart does a little leap of joy at the prospect of running naked in the great outdoors.
...You hear about people and companies that are doing things you would love to do!
Make people laugh. Fill your space with succulence. Do some good in the world. Create beauty.
And you quiver and shake with the intensity of need. "I want that for me!"
So what do you do? Stuff your face into a pillow and will it all to go away? Carry on dragging yourself through another eternity of a day? Dangle that big toe into the ice cold lake and prepare yourself for a tidal wave?
1 comment:
do it!
Post a Comment