Monday, June 16, 2008

Indy and the next generation

I saw the latest Indiana Jones movie last night. It was good - it seemed authentic and the cinematic quality was just like the previous 3 films. The cheesiness was there, the inspired theme song came out in full force, and you could feel that the audience really liked Indy and was happy he was back.

I have to say that I enjoyed the movie even more because of the cute 7 year old boy sitting next to me. He couldn't wait to tell his parents that "She is evil," when Cate Blanchett appeared. He got so excited during the car chase scenes. "Cool! Yah! Mom, he's the best!" There was a scene with a lot (a LOT!) of ants. It was good and creepy, and I heard him cry "That's gross!" Just about the same time I did.

It was fun to experience this movie with the next generation of Indy fans. It reminded me about the simple pleasures of a movie experience. A little drama, a lot of action, some cheesy dialog, good theme music, and a whole lot of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to see it!!