Tuesday, September 23, 2008

life is good

I like this life. It's difficult and it's often hard to know which end is up, but it's so good. 

...and sometimes when you take a good, hard look at what you have, you find the most unexpected and joyous answers.

I like that you can find that laughter and that love, all that stuff you crave and that you yearn for deep inside of yourself,  just over there.  All you have to do is remember that it may not come in the shape you were expecting, or the package you may have wanted. But it is there.

And solitude - it seems to be just an illusion. We create this perception for ourselves that we are alone. Cuddle up to a cat sometime. Feel that purring - their pure contentedness at being connected with you. We Are All Connected. 

Most of us don't understand this concept, and it's an incredibly vast and abstract thing to try and wrestle with. But when you take it down to its basic level.... like a cat rubbing her head against your hand, or a smile that you may share with someone in an elevator, or the great fun you can have on a weekend with perfect strangers (if you just let yourself)... it makes perfect sense.

I don't have any answers for a lot of the questions that buzz around in my head. The noise that beats me senseless in the pre-dawn hours of the morning, while my physical body is too sleepy to fight back. 

But I feel like I can find these answers when I give myself permission to find them. Usually when I can pause... and breathe. And smile. Life is good. 

1 comment:

jag said...

Indeed it is! I must be in a similar mindset... check out the "quote note" I made a week or so ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jagspace/2861049714/in/set-72157607328527864/

I enjoy your posts - keep writing!

xox