Thursday, November 27, 2008

ebb and flow

Learning new things, being flipped in multiple directions, is a crazy experience.
It's fun and it's hard.
It can leave you feeling exuberant and crushed.

On a daily basis, I'm feeling this see-saw of impatience and being overwhelmed.
The tug of war of feeling like I've got a good idea well within my grasp, and then, quick as a flash, feeling like I need to retreat to a corner to lick my wounds and wonder how it all went askew.

The tide pulls me.
Like a current, it spills towards me
advancing
building
cresting
and I am lured into that pool;
deeper and deeper I go.
Until the ideas crash on the shore
tumbling and bursting forth;
the culmination of inspiration.

And then the ebb begins
slowly
withdrawing
inching away from the beach.
Leaving the earth barren and arid.
Dizzy from want.

Until the thirst is too much for the sand
and the water is ready to return.

- LML November 27, 2008

1 comment:

Shirley Bittner said...

hot yoga my friend...:-)