I've been having so many dreams lately about bringing my different worlds together.
I moved around a lot as a child, teenager, and adult. I went to many different schools, lived in different cities and different countries. I traveled a lot.
At times, I was literally across the country from what I had known before.
Being a social person, and one who derives a great deal of pleasure and energy from interacting with people, these different parts of me would often collide in my dreams.
I'd host parties and large gatherings where all these different people and all these different places would intersect. Connections would be forged. Threads would be woven together. I'd walk through dream rooms and feel a thrill of satisfaction and immense relief to see people who had never met in real life, interacting and enjoying each other, as I always suspected they might.
And feel my fragmented parts be reassembled.
I think it was a very necessary and healing thing for me to experience those dreams. It helped me, in real life, remember all those segmentations that were in my life, and to keep things straight, and, at the same time, have a chance to bring things together, at a subconscious level, so that I could make sense (or order) of that which was so disparate.
Like putting the puzzle pieces together to make a picture of my life and the people and places and textures that make up my life. Giving me a chance to wake up in the mornings and feel whole.
So now, at a time when there are many momentous events happening to people around me and to myself (new babies, new moves, new homes, new jobs, new separations, weddings, connections, opportunities, discoveries, losses) it seems to spark a need in me, like the ignition of a long fuse, to explode into a series of very vivid dreams.
Dreams of parties and long conversations. Of catching up with people. Of saying goodbye. Of introducing people to each other. Of watching connections being made. Of navigating a sea of confusion and finding a sort of logic. Of electricity between people. Of seeing familiar faces and memories merge in a common space. A common space in my soul, no doubt.
My puzzle pieces are coming together. Again. For now.
2 comments:
You have such a beautiful way with words. I love the visuals this post brings to mind - a room full of connections, warmth, laughter and smiles. Thank you.
It feels like a wonderful sense of calm and peace.
Post a Comment