Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wordsmithing

Revelation of the day: I miss words!!

I've been working in a new career for a few months now. I spend my time researching and analyzing. Finding solutions. Strategizing. I enjoy the challenge of change, of solving problems, of learning, of developing vision. I've been immersed in the world of "E" - the Web, social media, electronic communication. 

Just today, I had an opportunity to review a document for someone outside of work, and I realized that I miss writing. I miss words. Well, to be more precise, I miss editing!

I miss reviewing content, reorganizing it, making editorial changes, solving word problems, offering up suggestions... I miss that whole experience of cleaning up words and making content more effective and accurate. 

Wow. This is a huge realization for me. And I'm not quite sure what it means. For now, I think I'll let this sit awhile and simmer and see what speaks to me. ; )

No comments: