Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Awareness

In the silence,
when I can be still,
there is a calm
and a peace
that resonates
and fills me with
a sense of me.

An understanding
of what I am
and all that I need.

And the moment
my mind realizes
I am experiencing
this freedom...
...it is gone.

LML Feb 19, 2005

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this.

Anonymous said...

Just slightly presumptuous of me, but I took your lines and turned them around. If I read your version out loud, it would be serene. Mine, I would read more stridently. Here goes. Apologies to the author are due.


Swear Sane

Silence the in!
Still, I can be, when
a calm is there.
A peace. And
resonates that
with me, and fills
me, of a sense.

An understanding!
What am I of
need? All that and I.

The moment, and
realizes my mind
experiencing. I am
freedom. This,
is it gone?

lala said...

I like that! WOW.

I found it interesting that you can change the energy and the feeling of the poem, and still use the same words.

"An understanding!" - It becomes such a strong statement.

And my favorite - "I am freedom."

Thank you for sharing this with me. : )