Tuesday, February 17, 2009

withdrawal

I'm finding it to be a challenge to be here today:
Re-establishing myself on social media after spending so much time listening to the ocean
Re-integrating myself in my cluttered home after living off a couple articles of clothing and a pair of sandals for a week
Remembering all the lists of things I thought I had to do after reading my eyelids as I dozed in the sunshine
Re-acquainting myself with the frown in the middle of my forehead after laughing so hard that tears coursed down my nose
Re-connecting with friends and family after socializing with people from all over the world
Recharging my batteries after feeling like I could live on a week with no sleep just the constant buzz that comes from people and fun and laughter
Respecting the changes and the differences and reminding myself not to quiet the yearning that I feel

No comments: