I love vacations. I love traveling. I love mixing the two together.

I love using my time off to see new places. To experience things that I've never tasted, tried, touched, or taken in before. When I have these opportunities, I also get to experience myself in new ways. I learn what I am challenged by and what makes me uncomfortable. I learn where my soul loves to sing and what feels good to my spirit. I learn about where I can spread my wings and where my fears are triggered.
By being away from my routine and my comfort zone, I remember to open myself up to people, I find my smile widen, I feel connected to the universe, I try to learn a few phrases in a new language to spark new life in old, rusty parts of my brain, I let go of my known and try to jump into the unknown to unearth the gifts and treasures that travel brings me. I also feel like I have an opportunity to break down prejudices and expectations, that tartar buildup that happens when we live privileged lives, and meet new people, one person at a time, and learn from them.
Life is good. It amazes me. It fills me with so much happiness. And I intend to seize every opportunity I get to learn from it!
So off I go, on another vacation adventure. I'll be back before you know it, and maybe I'll have a story or two to tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment