About 3 hours after leaving it outside in broad daylight, I was perturbed by the fact that no one had stopped to pick it up. I went outside to take a look, and saw that J had posted a sign on it that read "Works OK :-)"
15 minutes later, we watched as a couple stopped their car, shoved the TV in their backseat, and drove off.
I guess it is all about the marketing.
I laughed out loud. "I think the same marketing principles apply even when you are giving something away for free. Let's try something a little more enticing", I said to J with a teasing smile.
I returned to the street, masking tape and marker in hand. I flipped over the sign and wrote in bold letters "Works Perfectly & Free!"
15 minutes later, we watched as a couple stopped their car, shoved the TV in their backseat, and drove off.
I guess it is all about the marketing.
1 comment:
Great story!
Entrepreneurism 101. The couple turns around this week and makes $50 off the TV! Everybody wins!
Post a Comment