My heart feels a little heavy today. A little full and a little sore. I feel like I've been spending a lot of my time taking these days (taking love, taking friendship, taking food, taking pleasure, taking joy, taking goodness, taking laughter, taking smiles, taking fun, taking sleep, taking and taking...) and I feel like it's time for me to give.
And just when I feel so ready to do something, I'm reminded about the big step that I've chosen to do, that I've committed to doing, in the Fall. Just when I feel like I've taken enough, spent the last 5 years living for myself with no thought to the world around me, I remember that I'm doing yet another thing just for me. Another thing that will take away time from helping someone else. Make someone's life a little easier.
*sigh*
First step: complete the EMBA program.
Next step: do something more (volunteer with Red Cross, teach English, be a big sister, volunteer at the Humane Society, volunteer at a soup kitchen, be a foster parent...)
No comments:
Post a Comment