Tuesday, June 16, 2009

riding the rollercoaster

Things that have stirred up emotion in me the last few days...

- hearing about my second Aunt who's just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Both live so far away from me (Hungary and BC) and I keep wishing I could swing by their respective homes and deliver a hug to them in person.

- getting an email from a friend filled with love and support and practical things that I could do or think about doing for both my Aunts. It was unexpected and much more deeply needed than I thought.

- meeting a new friend of a friend whose family comes from a small town in Hungary; the same small town that my own father hails from, Szombathely! What a small world!

- someone reminding me of the fact that I'm nearing 40 and I may want to think about having kids before its too late. Who says it's ever too late?

- being given a chance at work to buy more vacation days (score!) and remembering that I am taking time off for school already (damn!).

- connecting with my Dad about taking a trip together to Hungary to see where he grew up and where he lived as a youngster.

- being invited to celebrate fathers' day with members of my chosen family.

Who needs to go to Canada's Wonderland to ride a rollercoaster?

No comments: