Thursday, June 25, 2009

summer reading list

I was halfway through my latest Lee Child book, Die Trying, starring the unflappable, restless wandering hero, Jack Reacher, when I received my summer reading list from Queen's. Once I'm done this action-packed piece of fiction, I've got to dig into a different kind of summer reading buffet in preparation for school:
  • The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't (Robert I. Sutton)
  • Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done (Larry Bossidy)
  • Succeeding in Statistics by Ronald E. Shiffler & Arthur J. Adams (to be reviewed)
  • Queen's: Finance and Accounting Workbook (to be completed)
  • Strategy: A View from the Top by Cornelis A. de Kluyver & John A. Pearce II
  • A Writer's Handbook by Leslie E. Casson (I think I'm going to be OK with this one!)
It all looks very interesting and demanding. I'm almost ready to get started...
...once I finish with Reacher. : )

1 comment:

jag said...

That "Succeeding in Statistics" should be a page-turner f'sure!! :-) Let this latest adventure begin... xox